|Compute||– EC2 Customized Xen HV
– Paravirtualization fast HVM full on top of their hypervisors
– Organize into Regions, Available Zones & Resource Groups
|-Hyper-V Customized 2008 Server
-No import VDHX– Organize into Regions, Availability Sets and Resource Group which can be all admin by Templates Azure Resource Manage
availability sets. An availability set is a logical grouping of two or more virtual machines. Updates domain vs fault domain let set which machines could be updating without affect the rest.
|Database||Support RDS & NoSQL
Amazon Aurora, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle, SAP ASE, SQL Server, DynamoDB, RedShift
Scalable in 2 clicks
Recovery in 2 clicks
Automatic Migration Tool Between RDS & NoSQL & Cube.
|Networking & Content Delivery||
Azure Virtual Network is a fundamental component that acts as an organization’s network in Azure.
VMs, Azure load balancers, and application gateways in a single virtual network require unique IP addresses
Network interface card
Virtual NICs configure VMs with private and optional public IP address.
resolve user-friendly fully qualified domain names (FQDNs), such as www.adatum.com, to IP addresses.
Azure load balancer and internal load balancer
To increase availability and scalability.
Application gateways provide load-balanced solutions for network traffic that is based on the HTTP protocol, Session Affinity.
Microsoft Azure Traffic Manager is another load-balancing solution that is included within Azure. You can use Traffic Manager to load balance between endpoints that are located in different Azure regions.
Network security groups
You can use network security groups to provide network isolation for Azure resources by defining rules that can allow or deny specific traffic to individual VMs or subnets.
User Defined Routes
User Defined Routes (UDR) control network traffic by defining routes that specify the next hop of the traffic flow.
With forced tunneling you can redirect internet bound traffic back to the company’s on-premises infrastructure for audit.
Regional virtual networks
Azure Virtual Network is bound to Azure subscriptions and it is not possible for multiple subscriptions to use the same Azure virtual network. If you need to provide communications between different Azure subscriptions, you need to create separate Azure virtual networks in each subscription and then use site-to-site virtual network connections or the Microsoft Azure service ExpressRoute, to connect them.
Cross-premises network connectivity
Virtual networks in Microsoft Azure also enable you to extend your on-premises networks to the cloud. To extend your on-premises network, you can create a virtual private network (VPN) between your on-premises computers or networks and an Azure virtual network. Alternatively, you can use ExpressRoute to provide a connection to an Azure virtual network that does not cross the Internet.
For Templates Admin
(2) AWS Admin Console (Portal)
(3) AWS API Rest
(2) PowerShell Templates AR
|Security, Identity & Compliance|
|Desktop & App Streaming|
|Internet of Things|
AWS – VM Import/Export le permite importar imágenes de máquina virtual con facilidad desde el entorno existente a las instancias de Amazon EC2 y volver a exportarlas al entorno on-premise (VHD – fue creado por Connectix para Virtual PC). Soporta VMware ESX o Workstation, Microsoft Hyper-V y Citrix Xen
Paravirtualization, on the other hand, is a lighter form of virtualization. This technique is fas
HVM guests are fully virtualized. It means that the VMs running on top of their hypervisors
Azure – Must come from Hyper-V virtual Machines, but VHDX not supported.
VHD must be a fixed size. Sysprep is necessary (effect to all new installations is used to start a new clean Windows OS to recognize all HW, it is HW independence).
- Is the Virtual Machine and adequate load to carry to Cloud?
- Azure not recommend low load process on Virtual Machines, better on-premise.
- VM On-premise Hyper-V Vs Azure:
- Azure is not based exactly in Hyper-V, its use Windows Server 2008 and a customized version of Hyper-V, known as the Microsoft Azure Hypervisor to provide virtualization of services.
- On Azure No Console access, No support for VHDX and update of guest OS, no control of the physical HW to run the image and we can’t set more than 1 virtual network it’s depends of VM size. )
- When an administrator creates a local Hyper-V VM, they must specify things such as the amount of memory that gets assigned to the VM, the number of CPU cores to use, and the location of the virtual hard disk. Azure virtual machines use similar configuration information, but administrators must deal with hardware allocations in two different way, quality and quantity. The idea is to handle various default settings and leave an Azure making the necessary adjustments based on the characteristics of HW categorized so that the orchestration and the meeting of the same sea is adequate (for example high computing ops).
- Linux Machines has to be updated by the user apt-get upgrade – Linux
- We have to adjust prices
- D1 – D2 – D3 Generic Models of VMs
- Consider Paas Alternatives to run in a VM.
- How Admin the Systems?
- Portal Nuevo. Azure maneja mediante plantillas ARM (Azure Resource Manager), Infraestructura declarativa, que concentra el trabajo de administración (creación de plantillas, roles de seguridad y borrado como una unidad) y facturación. Un grupo puede tener recursos en diferentes regiones. You can use PorwerShell to manage the templates ARM.
- Azure CLI
- Azure CLI vs PowerShell. PowerShell has more capabilities & powerfull, clean develop by scripts structured besides now support linux platforms. CLI is tool support more platforms. You can use same commands no matter what platform you use: Windows, Linux or Mac.
- API REST GW
Azure Resource Manager overview
- Oc – rhc
- What’s is the right size of the Virtual Machine?
- How is going to connect?
- We are going to connect isoleta autonomy way or will be part of the domain (Internet VPN or Dedicated (Optical)+VPN )
- How make a Backup / Security Copy And Restore?
- How Manage disaster recovery?
- Automated protection and replication of virtual machines
- Azure Availability sets: provide redundancy in the application. It is recommended to group two virtual machines or more into an availability pool. This configuration ensures that during a planned or unplanned maintenance event, at least one virtual machine will be available and will meet 99.95% of Azure contracted service levels. Important, VMs must belong to the same resource group.
- Remote health monitoring
- Customizable recovery plans
- No-impact recovery plan testing
- Orchestrated recovery when needed
- Replication to—and recovery in—Azure
- Automated protection and replication of virtual machines
- How configure fault tolerance?
Azure is a subscription-based service. You need to register to get the service. There are no upfront costs and you only pay for the service you use.
Si queremos utilizar cargas de trabajo no pesadas, que consumen pocos ciclos de CPU, la opción de las VMs no serían las más adecuadas y nos saldría más caro, sería mejor por ejemplo contratar un PaaS que nos permita desplegar nuestra Web App (más económico).
Gracias a Azure Resource Manager, podemos administrar por grupos y por tanto ver nuestra facturación en función de esos grupos (VM, DB, VPNs,…)
Calculadora de gastos para VM: